Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Studebaker hawk Monte Carlo

Transformation of the 1957 SOLIDO Studebaker Hawk into the Monte Carlo Rallye version




With some decals I found some time ago on eBay I made the version which race in the Monte Carlo Rallye in 1959. I started with the Solido limited edition of that car which happens to be the right gold color. I painted the roof and the side "arrows" in white. I also painted and detailed the inside. I added some extra lights - two on each side and one on the right of the bumper. From the decal sheet I made the licence and rallye plates. The wheels come from a kit of a Peugeot van which look more like the one in the picture of the actual car.


The Models:



The limited edition of the SOLIDO
before transformation

The same

The modified version


Add caption



The Studebaker at the start of the rallye

1 comment:

  1. hello Gerard. I stumpled upon your blog and is very thrilled. I am the owner of the car you made the model out of. A 1958 Studebaker Golden hawk. Please let me have your e-mail and I will post pictures and tell you the story of this amazing car. My e mail is ulrichgorm@gmail.com. Kind regards and best wshes for a happy christmas. Ulrich Gorm, Denmark....

    ReplyDelete